Unleash the potential of real-time PCR
Proven, high performance
The LightCycler 480 System is a proven high-performance, medium-to high-throughput PCR platform that provides various methods for gene detection, gene expression analysis, genetic variation analysis, and array data validation. Benefit from the cutting-edge thermal block and optical technology that leads to excellent well-to-well homogeneity and maximized detection sensitivity. Generate meaningful results via the state-of-the-art data analysis methods, in line with MIQE guidelines, and analyze true raw data without the need for passive reference dyes or normalization plates.
The ideal combination of speed, accuracy, and versatility
The LightCycler® 480 System features a versatile, plate-based, real-time PCR device that supports mono- or multicolor applications. The benchtop instrument is easily customizable to meet changing user requirements and can be integrated into everyday use as an automated high-throughput solution.
LightCycler 480 II is a real-time PCR cycler for mid to high sample throughput. The LightCycler 480 II with LED is suitable for detection systems with different probe types such as hybridization probes or hydrolysis (5’Nuclease / TaqMan) probes. With a total of 6 detection channels, this cycler offers the highest flexibility and allows single color and multiplex testing.
The LightCycler 480 Instrument II is a rapid, plate-based, thermal block cycler with integrated real-time, online detection capabilities. Based on the comprehensive improvement of the Peltier-based technology incorporated in a silver block, the instrument provides extraordinary well-to-well temperature homogeneity and maximized inter-well, inter-cycle reproducibility. The special arrangement of optical components in the
LightCycler 480 Instrument II ensures the uniform collection of signals across the plate and makes analysis independent of the sample position on the plate. The LightCycler 480 System setup enables the use of all current probe formats (e.g., SYBR Green I, ResoLight dye for high-resolution melting, hydrolysis probes, HybProbe probes, SimpleProbe probes) and provides the ideal solution for fast and precise qualitative or quantitative detection of nucleic acids, genotyping, and mutation scanning. Channels and filters can be combined in different ways to allow flexibility in mono-color as well as multiplex assays.
The LightCycler 480 Software provides an intuitive, easy-to-navigate user interface for real-time PCR programming, data capture, and data analysis. It facilitates highly versatile and extensive data analysis to study gene expression and genetic variation. The LightCycler® 480 Software enables users to quickly customize the system to meet different application requirements, from basic manual analysis to automated evaluation of data using the software macro feature.
The LightCycler® 480 System is a high-performance, medium- to high-throughput PCR platform (96- or 384-well plates) that provides various methods for gene detection, gene expression analysis, genetic variation analysis, and array data validation. The system features the LightCycler® 480 Instrument, a versatile, plate-based real-time PCR device that supports mono- or multicolor applications, as well as multiple protocols. The benchtop instrument is easily customizable to meet changing user requirements and can be integrated into everyday use as a robotically controlled, automated high-throughput solution. The LightCycler® 480 Instrument is designed for general laboratory use and is not intended for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Obtain fast, highly sensitive, and reproducible results for qualitative and quantitative detection of nucleic acids, mutation scanning, and SNP analysis. Use basic and advanced methods for gene expression and genotyping based on endpoint analysis or melting curves.
- Benefit from the cutting-edge thermal block and optical technology that leads to excellent well-to-well homogeneity and maximized detection sensitivity.
- Use a wide range of probe formats (e.g., FRET or HybProbe probes, SimpleProbe probes, hydrolysis probes) and fluorescent dyes (e.g., SYBR Green I, ResoLight Dye, FAM, HEX, Cy5, LightCycler® Red 610, LightCycler® Red 640, and LightCycler® CYAN 500).
- Choose the optimal type of multiwell plate (white or clear) to best fit your assay format, application, and workflow. Use the available adapter plate to also work with LightCycler® tube strips.
- Build a modular real-time PCR platform to meet your particular needs. Flexibly switch between plate formats and thermal block cyclers in just a few minutes with no recalibration time, and benefit from additional user-friendly software modules.
- Extract meaningful results via the state-of-the-art data analysis methods, in line with MIQE guidelines. Analyze true raw data without the need for passive reference dyes or normalization plates.
- Protect your data using a system compatible with 21 CFR part 11 requirements.
- Integrate the LightCycler® 480 System as part of a LIMS in combination with robotic pipetting and plate loading.
- LightCycler® 480 Instrument, 96- or 384-well
- LightCycler® 480 Block Cycler Unit, 96- or 384-well
- LightCycler® 480 Software*
- LightCycler® 480 Instrument Operator’s Manual
- LightCycler® 480 LED Lamp (Spare Lamp)
- LightCycler® 480 Multiwell Plates, 96- or 384-well, white
- Pentium Desktop PC
** including absolute quantification, Tm calling, relative quantification, melting-curve-based genotyping, and endpoint genotyping
- Light Cycler 480 II / 384
- 96-well kit currently installed
- Included 384-well kit
- 60 cm x 60 cm x 54.5 cm (24 in x 24 in x 21.5 in) (W x D x H)
- Approximately 121lbs
- Sample Number:
- 96 or 384
- Reaction Vessel:
- 96-well PCR plate, 384-well PCR plate
- Reaction Volume:
- 96-well PCR plate: 10 – 100 μL; 384-well PCR plate: 5 – 20 μL
- Excitation Source:
- Broad-spectrum, high-intensity LED (390 – 710 nm)
- Excitation Filters:
- 440, 465, 498, 533, 618 nm (System II)
- CCD camera
- Detection Filters:
- 488, 510, 580, 610,640, 660 nm (System II)
- Measuring Mode:
- Real-time, online (continuous display of readings)
- Temperature Control:
- Peltier-based heating/cooling
Run Time : <40 minutes (384-well PCR plate)
- Peltier-based heating/cooling
- Gene Quantification
- Gene detection
- Absolute quantification
- Relative quantification/gene expression analysis
- Genetic Variation Analysis
- Melt-curve genotyping with labeled probes
- Endpoint genotyping
- High-Resolution Melting (HRM)
- Multiple Plate Analysis
Roche LightCycler 480 Instrument II Manufacturer Information
Roche LightCycler 480 Instrument II Brochure
There are no reviews yet.