Applied Biosystems 7500 and 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR Systems are integrated, versatile platforms for the detection and quantification of nucleic acid sequences. Real-time PCR combines thermal cycling, fluorescence detection, and application-specific software to measure the cycle-by-cycle accumulation of PCR products in a single-tube homogenous reaction.
The Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System is a real-time PCR system that enables high-speed thermal cycling with run times for quantitative real-time PCR applications of fewer than 40 minutes. The system is an open platform and can be used to analyze samples using custom made or COTs-based PCR assays. The 7500 Fast system is batch-cable and can analyze a batch of 96 samples per run. ABI 7500 is used for gene expression analysis, pathogen quantitation, SNP genotyping, isothermal, and +/– assays utilizing internal positive controls.
Applied Biosystems™ 7500 Real-Time PCR Systems offer you high performance, multicolor real-time PCR wherever your research takes you. Choose from our Fast and standard 7500 systems. Are you interested in a system for diagnostic analysis? We also offer the 7500 Fast Dx Instrument for your diagnostic needs.
All Applied Biosystems™ 7500 systems deliver the reliable performance and dye-flexibility you need to generate data that you can trust.
The Applied Biosystems 7500 Real-Time PCR System is a 96-well, five-color platform that uses a fluorescence-based polymerase chain reaction (PCR) reagents to analyze items. Its specialized optical system enables easy and accurate calibration to new dyes without requiring the addition of new filer sets. The multicomponent algorithm minimizes spectral crosstalk for multiplexing. The Applied Biosystem 7500 Real-Time PCR makes data processing simple and straightforward do to its software, which includes plate set up wizards, multi-plate data viewing.
The latest innovations in Real-Time PCR, built on a solid reputation for excellence
Applied Biosystems offers a family of Real-Time PCR instruments with the 96-well block format. The Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System represents the latest innovation in real-time technology—Fast thermal cycling, delivering high-quality results in as little as 30 minutes. The Applied Biosystems family of real-time solutions combines innovative thermal cycling systems, powerful software, optimized reagents, your choice of off-the-shelf or custom assays, and superior support for a variety of applications. And, of course, all systems are backed by Applied Biosystems’ unmatched track record of quality and long-term reliability.
The Applied Biosystems 7500 Real-Time PCR System is a powerful platform for labs requiring superior performance and maximum dye versatility
Built for performance
- The powerful, five-color platform is calibrated for the broadest range of dyes available: FAM™/SYBR® Green I, VIC®/JOE™, NED™/ TAMRA™/ Cy3™, ROX™/Texas Red®, and Cy5™ dyes
- The specialized optical system enables easy and accurate calibration to accommodate new dyes without the addition of new filter sets
- Advanced multi-component algorithm minimizes spectral crosstalk – superior for multiplexing
- User-friendly software includes plate setup wizards, multiple data viewing capabilities, and advanced analysis tools to make data processing simple and straightforward
- Thermal cycling block is built into the body of the system to reduce environmental exposure and contamination risk
The SDS v1.4 21 CFR Part 11 Module
The SDS v1.4 21 CFR Part 11 Module is available for the 7500 and 7500 Fast Systems. This module is a powerful tool for assisting with 21 CFR Part 11 compliance while still offering the flexibility of user-customizable configuration settings.
- Individual user log-ins can be added for up to four user groups, each group with designated permission settings
- User-customizable permission settings include fourteen system activities, e-signature authority designation, and additional security settings to give you maximum control over your compliance efforts
- Audit trails can be enabled or disabled depending on your traceability needs
- A selection of e-signatures is available to ease e-signatures into your workflow
The Applied Biosystems 7500 Real-Time PCR System is an economical solution that sets the standard for labs requiring a quality platform at an affordable price
Proven performance and superior data quality at an excellent value
The 7500 Real-Time PCR System balances exceptional quality with budget sensitivity. Advanced multicolor detection capabilities allow you to perform a wide variety of applications with the highest confidence in your results. Applications include gene expression analysis, absolute quantitation, SNP genotyping, and +/– assays utilizing internal positive controls. The 7500 System is optimized for use with standard dye sets: FAM™/SYBR® Green I, VIC®/JOE™, NED™, TAMRA™, and ROX™.
Built for flexibility
- Set up the plate before or after completing the run
- Correct plate setup mistakes after the run without losing collected data
- One-click graphical export to PowerPoint or JPEG for top-notch presentations
- The flexible system can be used as a plate reader or a regular thermal cycler
- Real-time amplification monitoring and protocol options enable extra PCR cycles to be added during a run
- Lamp-lifetime monitoring ensures the highest possible instrument performance
The Applied Biosystems 7500 Software v2.0 sets a new standard for simplicity and usability. This software features intuitive workflows that help you get expert results quickly and easily.
7500 Software v2.0 Software Highlights
- Design Wizard to walk you through experimental design
- Advanced setup option offers flexibility for more complex applications, such as multiplexing
- Quick-start setup option allows you to begin a run immediately and enter plate information later
- Pipetting protocols and recipes help you set up experiments quickly
- Troubleshooting flags to help you diagnose and resolve problematic experiments
- Email notification when a run is complete
- One-click graphical export to PowerPoint and JPEG
New High-Resolution Melting (HRM) Software
Use the Applied Biosystems High Resolution Melting (HRM) Software to perform a more sophisticated melting analysis with an easy to follow the workflow and minimal subjective data analysis steps. The HRM Software is available on the 7500 Fast Real-Time PCR System, which delivers precise results in a standard 96-well format.
- Shortens analysis time by auto calling genotypes and automatically omitting the no template controls
- Minimizes subjective analysis by automatically grouping unknown variant clusters
- Allows easy data review with customizable multi-plot views, expandable windows, and one-click color assignment to highlight curves of interest
- Facilitates data presentation with the option to export data and graphs directly to PowerPoint or as JPEG files
- No temperature shift required — distinguish between homozygous mutants and wild type more easily
More Powerful Gene Expression Study Package
- Import an unlimited number of Comparative Ct (Relative Quantitation) plates to one study
- View data by biological replicate group or technical replicate group
- Normalize to multiple endogenous controls
- Enter known efficiencies to adjust RQ values for each target
- View amplification plot, multicomponent plot and QC summary within the study to quickly identify and eliminate outliers
- Preview the effect of modified analysis settings before permanently applying them to results
Expanded Melt Curve Options
- Option to use either a continuous melt for standard post PCR melt curves or step and hold melt curve for melting experiments that require more resolution and accuracy
- More flexible melt curve protocols allow you to customize the ramp rate, temperature span, and data acquisition
- Identify the Tm of up to three melt curve products per well
- Melt curve data can be imported into the Applied Biosystems High-Resolution Melting (HRM) Software for in-depth analysis
The whole-genome at your service and ready to use
Applied Biosystems TaqMan® Genomic Assays are moving genetic discovery to the next level. Both public and Celera genomic information are used to design optimal primer and probe sets. Based on our 5’ nuclease chemistry, these assays are ideal for both quantitative gene expression and SNP genotyping applications.
All TaqMan Genomic Assays are provided in a single-tube format and designed to run using universal cycling conditions that require no additional optimization. Our current offering of more than 700,000 TaqMan® Gene Expression Assays is a comprehensive collection of predesigned primer and probe sets that enable researchers to quickly and easily perform quantitative gene expression studies on human, mouse, rat, monkey, dog, Arabidopsis, and Drosophila genes.
Additionally, our collection of over 4.5 million TaqMan® SNP Genotyping Assays for human and mouse provide a flexible technology for detecting must-have SNPs. To complement our offering of off-the-shelf products, our custom TaqMan® assays are the best solution for customer-specific gene expression or genotyping assays. Simply submit your sequence, using a secure and confidential ordering mechanism, and we will deliver a single-tube format of either your gene expression or genotyping assay for any species.
TaqMan® Genomic Assays
You can search for TaqMan® Genomic Assays by gene symbol, public accession numbers, molecular function, or biological process. You can find more about TaqMan Gene Expression Assays at www.allgenes.com, and more about TaqMan SNP Genotyping Assays at www.allsnps.com.You’ll also find useful data and valuable links to relevant references at both sites.
ABI Applied Biosystems 7500 Real-Time PCR System Specifications:
- Thermal Block Formats: 96-well plate
- Max. Heating Rate (Thermal Block): 2.5°C/sec.
- Temperature Accuracy (Thermal Block): 0.25°C (35 to 95°C after 3 min.)
- Detection: 5 emission filters, 5 excitation filters, CCD camera, tungsten-halogen lamp
- Multiplex: Multiplexing
- Sensitivity: 1 Copy of RNase P gene (human genomic DNA)
- Quantitative PCR run time: < 2 hours
- Supported volumes: 20-100 uL
- Weight: 75 lb. (34kg)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 13.39 x 19.29 x 17.72 in. (34 x 49 x 45 cm)