Nanodrop OneC Microvolume UV-Vis Spectrophotometer; It is a system that can make quantitation and qualitative evaluations of your DNA, RNA, and protein samples in just 1-2 ul volume in seconds. It has the option of working with a cuvette and temperature control on the cuvette portal at 37 °C, and it can be used in kinetic studies.
From the success of previous NanoDrop instruments used by thousands of scientists around the world, we designed the NanoDrop One, which provides simplicity and speed as well as sample quality information. This allows scientists to correctly quantify and qualify protein and nucleic acid samples so they can make more informed decisions about using the samples in downstream applications ,” said Dr. Voula Kodoyianni, Product Manager, Molecular Spectroscopy, Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The micro-volume NanoDrop One and NanoDrop OneC UV-Vis spectrophotometers are designed to help life science researchers gain a complete understanding of sample quality and avoid costly delays due to repeated experiments or troubleshooting.
The instrument software natively runs the chemometric analysis. After creating a chemometric method in TQ Analyst, it can be imported into NanoDrop QC software. Component information is displayed within seconds of taking a sample measurement.
These new spectrophotometers introduce Thermo Scientific Acclaro Sample Intelligence technology that will allow researchers to:
- Identify contaminant samples and get correct concentration results.
- Receive instant feedback on sample quality with on-demand technical support and troubleshooting guide.
- Reliable sample measurement with built-in sensor and digital image analysis.
Thermo Scientific NanoDrop OneC Microvolume Cuvette UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
The NanoDrop OneC spectrophotometer allows you to measure the content of biologically significant molecules in micro volumes (1-2 μl) and cuvettes. This will enable you to obtain data when working with micro volumes of samples.
The NanoDrop One is a spectral scanning UV-VIS spectrophotometer that measures the variation of absorbance with wavelength using only a micro-drop and optionally in a cuvette (NanoDrop One C ). It enables fast, reliable, and reproducible measurement of DNA, RNA, and protein purity in microliter volumes, displaying the full spectrum to detect impurities.
The patented sample retention system of NanoDrop One / One C measures the action of physical forces of surface tension. The equipment ensures adequate contact between the sample and the measurement surfaces with high repeatability and accuracy in absorbance measurements.
The NanoDrop TM One and offers unique features, including :
- Local control with Android operating system and touch screen. It does not require a computer connection for its full operation. Optionally it can be controlled by computer software. It has a high-resolution color touch screen (1280 × 800) compatible with laboratory gloves.
- There are multiple connectivity options, including 3 USB ports, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet, for data export and analysis in other formats and on satellite computers.
- It introduces the Acclaro TM system that allows the automatic analysis of impurities and an algorithm for correction and reporting of the concentration values of the samples. It also has an option that measures the integrity of the samples through digital image processing.
Dynamic ranges for extended
- Allows you to work with both micro volumes in a drop and with standard cuvettes;
- Measures diluted samples, performs kinetic measurements and measurements of optical density of bacterial cultures;
- Allows you to control the heating temperature of the cuvette (up to 37 ° C).
- Full-spectrum microvolume UV-Vis spectrophotometer with cuvette position (stirring, 37°C thermosetting, kinetics)
- Meas. range 0.4 – 27500ng/µL dsDNA
- 190nm-850nm wavelength meas range
- Column integrity sensor
- 2 yr warranty
NanoDrop One/OneC Spectrophotometer capabilities:
- Wide spectral range (190-850 nm) for measuring a variety of samples types:
- Peptides (205 nm)
- DNA and RNA (260 nm)
- The purified protein (280 nm)
- Toxicology assays and industrial dyes (490 nm)
- Gold nanoparticles (520 nm)
- Colorimetric protein assays (BCA 562 nm, Bradford 595 nm, Modified Lowry 650 nm, Pierce 660 660 nm)
- Optical Density measurements (600 nm)
- Combining the patented** sample-retention system with cuvette capability accommodates low and high concentrations (2.0 – 27,500ng/ µL dsDNA and 0.06 – 820mg/mL BSA)
- Pedestal measurements that require only 0.5 – 2µL of your sample and do not require sample dilution, even for highly concentrated samples
- Pre-configured methods for DNA, Protein A280, Microarray, Protein and Labels, Pierce 660, Bradford, BCA, and Lowry
- User-friendly software that includes custom methods and data export capabilities
- The instrument comes with a 2-year warranty for worry-free support.
NanoDrop OneC cuvette port
- The cuvette module allows temperature control and mixing.
- The software is pre-set for 10mm, 5mm, 2mm and 1mm cuvettes
- Streamline your daily UV-Vis workflow with an instrument that eliminates the need for dilution, provides easy instrument operation and complete computer control, and runs chemometric algorithms without the need for additional analysis.
The NanoDrop One / One C does not need sample dilutions for correct measurement. It automatically adjusts for low and high concentration samples in the exact measurement so that any unknown sample always falls within the measurement range.
The pedestal is highly hydrophobic to prevent cross-contamination and facilitate inter-reading cleaning. It is also scratch-resistant, made of 303 stainless steel, and compatible with most solvents used in Molecular, Cellular, and Biochemical Biology laboratories.